So the time has come. The Crossfit Games 2014 are upon us! Sadly due to time difference those unfortunate who did not obtain tickets to watch it LIVE will have to put up with a live stream on their computers or ESPN. The stream starts 5pm GMT and ends around 3am in the morning.
Those who can stay up will have to be glued on their screens till early hours. So, what are the benefits of watching amazing athletes and the fittest on earth?
They are strong!
They go beyond what many crossfit athletes dream of and aspire to!
Besides all the athletes, the WODs are something to look at and learn from whether you are the athlete or a coach. This year’s WODs are not a surprise but a combination of long distance running and swimming with our good old classics which can’t be missed in any Crossfit WOD – burpees and thrusters!
But, what are you going to do with your own training routine during next 4-5 days? Are you going to stick to your morning training after spending a night glued on the screen being envious and excited to watch the impossible becoming possible?
Are you going to give into late night snacking? What will you snack on?
There are ways to combine your own routine with this exceptional TV coverage.
1. move your trainings to more suitable times (i.e. evenings if you are going to stay up late)
2. visit the website games.crossfit.com for schedules and WODs and select those that you will definitely want to watch
3. go to sleep if you are having a long day ahead – there is ARCHIVE which you can watch online after the events
4. Don’t snack too late and if you really can’t stop or hold yourself have something light or sip on a cup of green tea! Personally, I will have nearly empty jar of cashew nut butter hidden for the worst cravings.
5. Don’t forget to drink lots of water
Enjoy the Games and keep lifting!
I am a girl and I lift heavy x